Great Dane -VS- Exmark... which should I buy???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jimsny, Feb 14, 2001.

1. jimsny

jimsny LawnSite Member

Help!!! I am in need of a mower!!!
    I am interested and test drove the new Exmark Turf Tracer HP 52" hydro 17hp Kaw with that New ECS grip system for $4,600. I also tested the Great Dane Scamper 52" 17hp Kaw for $4,000.
    I had 2 prior exmarks (36" and a 48" both belt drive) and loved them. I went to a Snapper hydro which was a Lemon and Snaper just bought it back.

I can't decide which to pick. I have had positive experiences with the expark but I like some of the features of the Great Dane.

Which would you pick and why??? I need to get the mower in the next week as the dealers have promotional prices at their open houses.

2. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

If you have had great success with the Exmarks then why would you change. Stick with what you know works. I run exmarks and they are great machines and would never change. I have heard good things about Great Danes but I would never change. You say you have had great success with Exmark then stay with Exmark

3. dan35

dan35 LawnSite Member

Hey It’s apples to oranges but I think I’m going to get me a new 72” Exmark In a couple weeks.

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I bought the Scamper, liked the design, solid construction, and handles. No more NUMB hands!

5. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

im in your area. i have a 61"chariot dealers are fading out
    (not selling)and hard to get parts.i have only seen a couple danes in use around here most lco have exmark &toro i wanted to get exmark but my dane was only $4995.00 had 25
    hrs and full warrenty so i went with it .
    jim clermont county equpment is the biggest and the best in our area that i know of they are great dirk marder the manager there is a good guy and they know what they the are talking about if you ask them ???s im glad i found them.

rdh

6. npalomba

npalomba LawnSite Member

Exmark seams to have a better overall package but don't forget dealer support! I don't have a local Exmark dealer and that's what I have do decide. If I am willing to make the trip for service and repair.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I'm an eXmark guy, but the Dane's are great machines. The dealer here is to far and hard to deal with.

8. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

Let me say that I do love my Ex-mark equipment.

9. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

I tested both and thought they were both great machines. However there were a couple of tings I liked better about the Dane like the low height and controls so opted to go with it. Awesome machine I love it. Its really an opinion I think, but def. check them out.

Chris Pasko
    Precision Landscaping

10. Shack

Shack LawnSite Member

Exmak