great dane wb 32 inch hydro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by touhey33, Jun 2, 2004.

1. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a 32 inch walk behind hydro mower from small engine warehouse in dunkirk indiana. I got the mower for only 1400 dollars, but the trouble is there is no manual, and i had to buy the power unit, deck, and wheels separate. Does anyone no if there is a website for great dane, or where i might find a manual?:confused:

Tim's lawn mowing service
  2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Damn! How'd you get that deal? That can't be thier normal pricing, is it?

P.S. Sorry I was no help on your question.
  3. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

i don't know the website, but if you go type in small engine warehouse in google you can find it. The champ was discontinued, and they bought them out, on the website it does not tell you the name brand, however i just went and bought one and it is definitley a great dane champ, it says it right on the mower. (slightly scratched off) they only have 8 or so left, but they do ship. it comes with a 12 hp kawasaki engine. Oh and you have to buy the power unit, deck, and wheels separatley which totaled comes to 1,400
  4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

They usually don't discontinue mowers w/o a reason, especially if they don't have a 32" model available to replace it.
  5. lonnie

lonnie LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, they still have some left. I just checked there website. Awesome deal. Let us know how it works for you.
  6. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I have one of those. Don't have the manual yet either. Its a game I have been playing with the Dealer, waiting.

The mower is excellent. Mine only has the 8.5 Briggs on it. I was leary at first but he sold it to me for 1500 canadian. A steal.

I set up doubles on it 2 days ago and ran it through 6" of grass in the back of the property at the 3" setting. Works like a charm, I couldn't go full out or it would bog and miss spots, but 1/3 speed I was fine.

I built a striper for mine and put it on AMsoil 10w30.

This unit is a single drive hydro, not like the newer models Dane sells.
  7. genoaustin

genoaustin LawnSite Member

I am looking for a gate-friendly small mower. 32 inches is the requirement. The GD 32 looks interesting, but I wonder if it is more user-friendly than a belt drive. So, does this mower have continuous speed control ranging from full forward to reverse? I assume that you have to muscle turns, no brakes?

Which would you GD owners go for?
  8. tron

tron LawnSite Member
    from GRR

I have the same mower - and I have a photocopy of the owners manual, complete with parts numbers.

If you would like, I can try to scan it and make an Adobe PDF out of it. I might have time to do it this weekend.
  9. tron

tron LawnSite Member
    from GRR

It is a full hydrostatic drive... from reverse, stop, slow creep to faster than you can walk.

It has a band-type brake system. Just squeeze the levers to turn left or right.
  10. sgt_rjp

sgt_rjp LawnSite Member

I've been looking at these for a while but have never been able to demo one. I'm concerned that it won't work for me since where I need it is mostly a 35degree hill. Any one have any experience with these on hills

the Quick36 looks to have the same drive and controls. It's bigger(36") but it doesn't seem to be as heavy duty.