Great Dane???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by summitgroundskeeping, Mar 10, 2001.

1. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking to buy another mower. I looked at a 1 year old Great Dane walk behind hydro, 48" 14hp. It has little use and comes with the cloth bagger. Does $2,500 sound like a good price?

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

If you feel that the machine has not been abused by the former owner, then I would definitely consider the purchase.

Keep in mind that you should be able to turn that very same machine this or next spring if you find you do not like it for dang near what you have invested.

I would also give it the thumbs up because you will have a machine that will produce quality results when mowing conditions are not prime and it is either wet in the am or has or is raining.

Good Luck this season!
    Kris

3. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds real good to me, the horse power could be a a few more horses but the price is a steal for hydro. 2 thumbs up from me

4. danlawnser

danlawnser LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 48 inch 14 kaw. Scamper which I think I am going to really like this year. I paid $3500 for a new one but it was on sale. This might be a good deal but is it in good condition?

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

If you don't let me know! :D

6. danlawnser

danlawnser LawnSite Senior Member

hey, Kirby are you running double blades on your Danes? I think I am going to try it.

7. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Yea, both with no problems. Like the high lift/gator combo best.