Great Dane

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rodbite, Oct 24, 2004.

1. rodbite

rodbite LawnSite Member

Whats your thoughts on Great Dane Mowers? I have a new 36" W/B i am thinking of selling. It has 3hours. I paid $3,600 and want to recover $2,000. I am not using it and don't plan on growing any larger. What do you Think?

Rod
    Tampa, Fl

2. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you selling a 36" GD mower? Or what is your question?

3. rodbite

rodbite LawnSite Member

I am thing of selling a Great Dane!!!

4. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

If it were me, I would keep it. But that is if I can afford to keep it and I have a place to store it. You never know what accounts you might get that it would be handy to have. I always think about the future i.e. ten billion acts.

5. rodbite

rodbite LawnSite Member

I bought it because i was going to hire another guy. But i am done with worthless, lazy low life so called workers.

6. exmarkjockey

exmarkjockey LawnSite Member

I already had one and my experience with Not So Great Dane would tell me to get rid of it as soon as possible if I were you.

7. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

If I were you I would keep it, unless you couldnt afford to do so. Unlike exmarkjockey I had a few danes in the past and absolutely loved them. Great machines, no problems.

8. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

You start out going into a business that either requires you to be mechanically inclined or, if not, having to pay those that are. Paying for something that you could have possibly learned by yourself, tends to leave a bad taste in your mouth. Those that are NOT mechanically inclined and have such great opinions of different manufactured pieces of equipment, never cease to amaze me. It is a manufactured metal shell, that has had a drivetrain of another manufacture installed upon it. Different combinations are used, even in the manufacture of the tires and the tubes. Think about it, it is nothing but a mongrel of mechanical parts, put together to a certain set of standards and then a name is given to it. Every one of them is just like that, but with just a little bit of difference. GO RED SOX !!!

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well Jim, I used to have the exact same frame of mind. But truth is, it's dead wrong. Yeah they are all the same at a very basic level. But it's the little details that make the big differences... that little bit of difference, I feel that's what I'm really paying for now.

10. exmarkjockey

exmarkjockey LawnSite Member

Envy hit the nail on the head. To me the small details are what make the biggest difference. Oh, and I am mechanically inclined enough to know when I see a piece of crap and that is what my Danes were. I don't know many mechanics that can pull new pumps and motors out of their a** and repair parts that are faulty to begin with. I'm glad syzer has had a good experience with Dane, but my experience with them dictates that I will NEVER own another one!