Great Danes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowerUp, Jan 5, 2000.

1. MowerUp

MowerUp LawnSite Member
    from NC

I want to talk with other Great Dane users about your equipment and how you manage to sharpen your blades and clean out underneath due to the weight of the mower. Also, I would like to know what you think of your machine. I love mine.<br>
  2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

My buddy's got 5 and loves 'em. I never bought one 'cuz they don't have a floating deck. (yet) He has a small hoist that lifts them up for maintenance.
  3. MowerUp

MowerUp LawnSite Member
    from NC

What kind of hoist does he have? <br>Does he have all riders? chariots / jr. chariots or stand up models<br>How long has he owned them and has he had any problems?
  4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

He has a chain lift hoist that comes from the ceiling (I think it's for engine swapping)<p>He got all surfers. (The stand-on back ones)<p>He loves 'em. 2 of them he takes the deck off and puts on a blower - boy are THEY...SWEET for fall leaf clean-up!
  5. ashlandscaping

ashlandscaping Banned

For cleaning under the decks we just drive them up on a set of car ramps then go under drop the blades and scarp the decks.
  6. MowerUp

MowerUp LawnSite Member
    from NC

That is an excellent idea of using car ramps. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the idea.<br>
  7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I keep a car ramp on the trailer and use the trailer gate as the other half. Sometimes I just use the trailer gate and block the back wheels so it doesn't roll.<p>----------<br>Eric@ELM<br>
  8. GrassCtr

GrassCtr LawnSite Member
    from south

Great Danes Rule!
  9. The Mowerdude

The Mowerdude LawnSite Senior Member

10. Lawn277

Lawn277 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I just picked up a new scamper hq, haven got a chance to use it yet. I hear from the dealer there is quite a history behind them.
    He says that the guy that started that company used to own Scag. After he sold them he started Great Dane. and he just sold that to John Deere.
    This is just what the dealer said . I cant say that it is fact.