Great day!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TandM, May 8, 2008.

1. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

I just wanted to share about a yard I did. The grss had probably gone about a half a foot over the side of the driveway and the guy already mowed it and said he wanted it trimmed edged and blown I tell him Ok give 20-30 minutes. He says no way that would take me 2 and half hours. He said if you get it done in 20 minutes I will be amazed. I say ok watch and learn. Broke out the fs80 and fc75. And of course my 8510 the beast! My friend edged it twice and I went right behind Him with the blower and blew it all into a pile. Then I backed the truck in and loaded it up. Blew the patios off and rung the doorbell. He opens it up and looks at it and says no way I can't believe this it looks great! He takes out his wallet and gives me 40 bucks! And I got his yard for 60 a cut! And to top this off I only used maybye 1 fourth of a gallon of gas that c4 works flawlessly and is economical I love it. How was everyone elses day?
  2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

We planted 80 ornamental grasses on the side of a pond dam and 80 lariope plants in a rock laden area. All this was in the rain. It was a great day. :dizzy:
  3. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

Wow that sucks.
  4. herberg

herberg LawnSite Member

next time - make a wager with the homeowner. Could be a nice way to get a longtime customer. That and you know he's going to tell his buddies at the country club.