1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Great deal on Exmark 48" floating deck on ebay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by michigangrass, Mar 12, 2003.

1. michigangrass

michigangrass LawnSite Member

2. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Bidding's not even close to over. It usually skyrockets near the end. So you can't really say it's a good deal till the final price, can ya?

The accelerator catcher is worth some bucks, but the rest of the mower doesn't seem to be worth even the current price unless one could inspect it in person. What's a new metro hp 14/48 cost this time of year? $3400?

Two years old, saving maybe $1500 off new...no great shakes.
  3. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

Michigangrass, 48" fixed deck new exmark $3000 at the weingartz show today. same mower hydro $3999.

some good deals and not so good deals..
  4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

ha, auction is over at $2500. With the catcher and the shape it's in it may be worth almost that, but the mower new is around $2500 (here anyway). I dont' know what those catchers go for but I was thinking it wasn't anything to sneeze at? Since it was apparently used only residentially and all it may be worth more than you were figuring on but still not what it went for. But I guess it's getting about that time of year when mowers start getting worth more...
  5. michigangrass

I've been looking everywhere in SE Michigan at new Exmark wb's. I have'nt found a 48" with a floating deck anywhere around here for $2500 or even close to that.
  6. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Probably hasn't even met reserve yet....;) Not gonna look cause a new one is $3500.00 with catcher. By the time they are done biddin it will be up there more than its worth anyways....:rolleyes:
  7. michigangrass

Auction ended at $2500 reserve was at $2000