Great deal on Trimmer Racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blessed 1, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

2. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

Looks like a knockoff of Trimmer Trap.

3. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. That looks exactly like the holders of my two place "trimmer trap"

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I'm thinking that I'm gonna pass on that set. I bought a 2 place Trimmer Trap TT-1 for $100 and Trimmer Trap is about as good as they get. I'll stick with the name brands, although that is a pretty good price.

5. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have always just put the trimmer in the bed, i never realized the racks were so inexpensive!

is there a bracket to attach the trimmer trap to a trailer? or is it welded?

and i see people with racks on the bed, how are those attached?

thanks.

6. CMerLand

CMerLand LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a rack set from a local company that I have been thrilled with since I got it. It is a three position weedeater rack plus two position backpack holder that can be bolted or welded to your trailer. The real nice feature of this rack is that you can lock in all three weedeaters in about 3 seconds with one lock, not a bunch of pins to lose or put in and pull out on every stop. The blower holders keep the blowers out of the debris in the truck. Made of tubular steel and strong enough to last forever.

You can kinda see the rack mounted to the trailer in the landscape section of their website www.ddtrailers.com. Would buy another one tommorrow if i needed it which is usually the best recommendation you can get.

CMerrick

7. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

I wanted to look at it, but the link above doesn't work.

8. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Bubble Boy- They are not usually so inexpensive. They normally cost $100-!99.00. I have a set of home made ones now (My best friend is a welder) but I ordered a set of these because of the 1 lock for all three and mines does not have cushion on the J hook. They come with the brackets to mount on but I'll get my partner to weld them for greater security. Good Luck!:D

9. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

Blessed1

I would bolt instead of welding if you sell the trailer you'll need new racks.(IMHO) Why spend the money?

10. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Welding them would make them a little more secure. Did he say he's going to be selling the trailer? If he grows enough to have a need for another trailer, new trimmer racks shouldn't be a problem. Just my thoughts.