Great Dealer Service

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by broken leg, Jun 28, 2003.

1. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

Thursday morning my toro z felt like the belt was slipping. I had one break on the job and it is know fun to change in a ditch.I called my dealer and told him I though it was time to change it and wanted to do it before it broke and left me stranded. He said bring it on and he would get me out. I loaded up went to the dealer ship unloaded pulled up to the shop doors he had a man stop bring my z in and changed the belt. In and out in one hour. Oh the belt was shot I would not have gotten another day.I have all toro equipment 52z, 44walk, 32walk, 21walk and 20XI tractor. I here people complain about the service they get from there dealers. I would not spend the money. When I need a part because I do most of my on repair work I just call and he just ask if I want it over night or regular. Oh yea I don't pay retail know body beats his price.

2. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think any of us would enjoy changing a belt in a ditch. But seeing as you weren't stuck this time, I don't understand why you didn't change it yourself? What did the dealer charge you for a belt change and an hours labor?

3. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

The labor was .5 $24.00 and the belt was $22.98. As far as me changing the belt It was 95 degree and I did not want to plus to get up and down on my leg is a pain in the backside.

4. battags

Good reason, I guess. So that's how you picked your name:D

5. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Bat,

Which dealer do you go to in the Akron area?

I am not too far away from you up north and was just curious.

6. battags

I have a 52in Bobcat W/B with a 20hp Kohler. For the engine I go to Sohar's in Macedonia. For anything else, I go to Cortland Tractor in Cortland. They are a Bobcat dealer and my father-in law works there. There is a Bobcat / Ransomes dealer in Macedonia as well if I'm in a pinch.

Brian