Great Dealer Support!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rougher83, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Rougher83

Rougher83 LawnSite Member

Got a call today from my JD Dealer. I bought a JD Quik-Trak 647 back in January. Now I know that it is still too early to get any cutting done, but that doesn't keep you from test driving and improving your skills. Anyway...got a call from my dealer, just to see how I liked the mower and if I was getting used to how it handled, and if I had any questions or needed anything. Said that after I started cutting to give him a call and he would go out with me on a few jobs. Now, I don't know what experiences anyone else has had, but I am not familiar with any other business that sells you something, and is willing to make that kind of effort to ensure that you are truly satisfied with a purchase. Dealer support truly is something to consider when making a purchase on a piece of equipment. Thanks Josh for the great service.

By the way....I love the JD Quik-Trak :blob3:

2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I'm glad to hear somebody getting good dealer support.

Why did you buy the 647? Did you make a choice against a 717A or 727A rider?

I have done some looking and talking with JD, and like what I see and hear. My need is a 48" mower, and wonder if I should give more serious consideration to the rider, rather than the stand-on mower. The price difference wasn't that great. Clearly, the stand-on has a smaller footprint, and therefore may be more easily handled. Also, the weight is about 400# less (with smaller tires).

Any thoughts about your decision?

3. Rougher83

Rougher83 LawnSite Member

Roger,

The reason I went with the Stand-on instead of a rider is the foot print being smaller. We only have 3 or 4 jobs that I consider wide open, the rest are smaller residentials or have numerous obstacles...and the quik-trak would require less manuvering (i.e. back and forth) than the rider would. The weight difference was a factor as well, but not as big as the size and manuverability. I can't wait to start cutting with it. I also looked at the Great Dane but was just not as impressed with the quality and functionality compared to the Deere.

4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Rougher83,

Your profile is set up with "no PM." If you wish to discuss the JD issue further, PM me, or e-mail: rehrlich53@verizon.net