1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Great Direct Mail Results This Week!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by barefootlawnsandlandscape, Feb 9, 2007.

1. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Some of you might want to try this.

I sent out about 395 personalized letters last week based on the letter in Sean's package. So far I have signed $18736 in All Inclusive Lawn Care contracts for this year. This is only 3 properties, but it just goes to show if you target the right people and make a personal touch to your advertising it will work. I did all this on my own by going to the county assesor's website and typing in the streets of the neighborhoods I wanted to target. I got the street names by going to google maps and zooming in on these neighborhoods. I typed and printed the letters and envelopes and mail merged the addresses and names onto the letter and envelope. I spent about $240. Pretty good return on investment I would say. Not to mention I got about 25 letters back because the people didn't have a mail box.

I plan on sending out about 400 more in the next week to more of these neighborhoods (houses $500,000 and up with .75 acres or more). Just wanted to share this info. with you guys. Good luck in your spring marketing campaigns!
  2. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I was planning on doing the same thing. I have been driving around certain neighborhoods I want and been writing down street names and house numbers. I was debating if I should look up the owner of the house and address it in there name or just put "to the residents at". How did you do it?
  3. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

I have that packet and it is great. Which letter did you send out from the packet?

I have just sent out direct mail to a subdivision I have my eyes on. Next Im going to flood the neighborhod with flyer around the first of March. Then around green up Im going to send a personalized letter.
  4. thefed

thefed LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

nice results! 3/400 is about .75% response...seems about right...good thing theyre good accounts!!
  5. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

You can go to www.whitepages.com and do a reverse address search. If you know the street names and town,it will give the complete adress owners name etc.. also, it doesn't cost anything
  6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

This seem like a great way of advertising.
  7. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I mailed out a test run of 250 last monday. Only one call so far. But it was for some people who live in a million dollor house, wanting about 150k worth of work done. So we will see.
  8. lawn

lawn LawnSite Senior Member

That's what I do,I go tomy town assessor's page,look for street and write them down on my brochures.
    What package are you talking about?
  9. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

The package I am talking about is the Lawn Care Success package that Sean Adams has on this website. I used the great way to get new customers letter, but changed it up a little bit. The people that responded were ones that were unhappy with the lack of communication between the last provider, not necessarily the quality of work. Just goes to show you what is important in this business. Good luck!
  10. mountianview

mountianview LawnSite Member

Thank you shades of green that works great got Sean Adams material earlyer today going after the poor folks with lake front property thankya thankya thankya ! T