Great Item...Must Buy!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by OnMyOwn, Jan 15, 2006.

1. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Guys,

I just ordered one of these from Northern Tool on sale. You cannot beat the price and I think it will come in very handy on the back of the ZTR. Using this item keeps me from holding the 5-gallon trash bucket between my feet and balancing a trimmer across my legs. Check it out! It bolts to your standard hitch mount.

What do you think? Shipping was about $11.00.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/...lImages?storeId=6970&langId=-1&rfno=200253724

2. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks interesting but I would have to get off my ztr to get the bucket. . .

3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Don't you normally have to get off to pick up the trash anyway?

I got a little basket zip tied to the deck lift assist spring, works well.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

knowing me I would go under a tree and hit a limb with it

5. OnMyOwn

Tiedeman,

You just brought up the one downfall to having this item. I had not thought about the tree limbs!

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Don't get me wrong, it looks like a great product, but that is one thing I would be really worried about

7. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

It's nice and everything, but couldn't you make something like that or maybe even better???:confused:

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

well, then if youre not going to use it to carry hand tools, then just cut off the tool holder and just have the bucket holder, if you do that, ide just make something, but, deffinatly something you could do.

9. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

Good idea but how would you get to it to put trash in it without getting off your mower?I use one of those pick up sticks so i don't have to get off the mower every time i have a piece of trash to pick up.

10. OnMyOwn

A couple of things... I cut commercial properties that sometimes require (2-3) buckets of trash. This gives me space for an extra bucket. I'm not much for metal fabrication, so this gave me an alternative for $10.00 + shipping. It is also handy for the larger properties where we park the truck some 500+ yards from the furthest mowing point. This way, we can carry the trimmer to the furthest point, without having to return later. Every step saved is additional time / money.