Great Marketing?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Green Dreams, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

How many of you use bandit signs? I personally never call anyone off of these...especially "homemade."

Scrub.JPG

2. Many cities in my area actually ticket companies that put out such signs, even if they are professionally made. The only way around it in those cities is to put it on someones private property, with the owners permission.

3. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

Since we are just starting out we spend very little on advertising. I make all of our fliers, business cards, magnets, etc. right here on my trusty printer. I have looked at many examples of marketing materials in my life and have thought with dismay sometimes that my marketing creations were a little on the scrubish side and wished that we had a little more to spend BUT I have never stooped to taking out the ol sharpie....

Thats just too sad :laugh:

4. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Green Dreams
    if its proffesionally done its fine, i guess its 1 of the most cheapest ways to advertise... i know of a power washing co. that has a signs in a few spots of my county its looks proffesional and i'm thinking about doing a few signs myself....

P.S. how did you do your avatar? looks great, i'm also an avid fishermen..... good luck in both the green industry and fishing this year..... what a great time to go fishin in the spring not to hot to enjoy a few cold 1s out in the river catching some fishy....

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I was going to say,...just look at the intersection. It looks like some of the ones around here - just riddled with signs that I consider pollution. I am so sick and tired of pulling up to every intersection to see ads for "Weight Loss", "Cash Advance for payday", "Work at Home", "Party Tent Rental", "So and so construction", "Super Vitamins", and a host of many others. Then of course, we have "1-800-Lawncare" signs thrown up all over. Then of course, comes all the homemade signs like this. "Hauling, Lawn Care, Bush triming", etc..

6. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

when it gets that bad it should be known as littering!!

my county only has a few signs, and thats it..... i'de hate to have a ruined county signs like that.... takes away from the beauty of the rural county i live in if that was the case

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Incidentally, here's where the number comes back, to.
    R Robinson, (281) 395-2811, 26426 Banning Park Ln, Katy, TX 77494
    I say someone look into the Texas Dept. of Agriculture (or whatever it is called down there), and see if Mr. Robinson is licensed. Something tells me we can predict the answer to that. ;)

8. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Yeah, I have met him. Very nice guy. Absolutely clueless. I have mentioned him in threads here before. I doubt anything will be done to him.

There's another one popping up around here. I called the number and the gal siad "just like TG." Uh...whats your license number? "License???" she asks...

A+ ... I stole it from a fishing site. Feel free to steal it from me...lol.

Thanks

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Green Dreams

My town doesn't allow bandit signs. BTW that a good term to call them.

But in a marketing course I once took, the Professor said the Homemade signs have some of the highest response rate. Seems people perceive them as real bargains.

10. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

Bandit signs are very bad here in Southern CA. The wankers I REALLY hate are the ones who put a "business card" in a sandwich bag with a pebble and throw it in your driveway as they drive by. If they are too bloody lazy to get out of the car what makes them think that I would hire them to do WORK? Stupid gits!