Great- now what?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by jetsfan68, Apr 18, 2003.

1. jetsfan68

jetsfan68 LawnSite Member

3 days ago it was sunny and 80- I overseeded the lawn and used some patchmaster on the basre spots- keeping things moist. Now a cold front came in and it dropped down to 40. looks to warm up again over the weekend- Will this ruin the seed?

2. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

It should be ok.

3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

No, it'll be fine.

4. Haley Lawn Care

Haley Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from NC

I also have a problem. I done an aeration around the 1st of April and told the customer to keep it damp. Well we got 4 days of rain last week the 7th thru the 10th and now I am wondering if everything is dead because of rotting or whatever. Anyway the customer has not called about it. But the 12th is when I told them to look for some results. So if its all a washout or drowned because of rain they may think I done a poor job. But it is really mother natures fault. Anyway have any of you folks had similar things happen to you?

David :rolleyes:

5. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope.....You guys wil be fine.

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Always Tell The Customer About Mother Nature.
    John

7. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

John is right on! She is the boss. We are just hanging out in the environment she provides. We can manipulate a littler here & there, but ultimately it's in her hands. Have patience. Keep the seed beds moist now that they have been watered, don't allow them to dry out now & be patient.

8. jetsfan68

jetsfan68 LawnSite Member

you guys were right- At around day 9 the seeds started to germinate- Now little by little the bare spots are getting smaller- thanks to some rain- Now here is the next question- Since I power-seeded to fill in bare spots, I also have some weeds and other things popping up along with new grass. How long before I can apply something to thicken the lawn and control weeds and crabgrass??