Great online source for used equipment???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by badazzelanore, May 19, 2008.

1. badazzelanore

badazzelanore LawnSite Member

HI all, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Mark and I am in the US Navy. I am currently deployed to the kitty litter box and have about 6 months left to plan and organize and save some money.

I have been thinking about this as a career for about a year now and have actually bought a on-line "get started in lawn-care" guide. I would just like to know a couple of good on-line sources to look for good starter equipment that will get me through my first year as a "part timer".

I have read a good amount of posts and I am glad to see the camaraderie y'all have towards each other. thanks for any and all suggestions and advice.

:usflag: :drinkup:
  2. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

Used eqiupment can be found on-line on ebay or craigslist. Craigslist seems to be the place to fine some deals. Ebay seems to be more expensive.

Good luck

VT MOWER LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Check the members only equipment marketplace.
    I usually scan the members location to find equipment close to where I live first, plenty of good stuff! Also check the "network with people" section. You can find lco's in your state as well.

Good Luck, and get back here in one piece!
    THANK YOU for all you have done for us man.
  4. badazzelanore

badazzelanore LawnSite Member

thanks alot guys. Im still trying to get a handle on the different brands and price figures. Still trying to figure out how much to start out

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

type John Deere equipment finder into google
  6. rachael24

rachael24 LawnSite Member

Even used John deere in google. How about Craigslist?