Great opprotunity for advertisement

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lowcountry Lawn Care, Sep 6, 2004.

1. My wife is a special events coordinator for a cancer foundation. This foundation has many events throughout the year including a golf tournament in around three weeks. This event has around 200 people involved. This year I have thought about putting in a raffle item. The item would be displayed at the sign-in table along with my business cards and sign with my info on it. This event involves mostly upper to middle class so its a great place to get my name out. I am wondering what type item I should put up for raffle or should I do a gift certificate. I am planning on spending about 100-140 dollars on this item or certificate. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for help with this and all the other advice I have gotten from this site in the past.

2. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

Rule #1 - Never give away what you sell to make your living. So, no free mowings, fertilizer apps, etc.

Gift certificates are good.- A round of golf for two or four usually goes pretty good. Theater tickets, sporting events tickets, concert tickets. Or even a dinner for two or more at a nice restaurant.

I've donated Reminton 870 shotguns in the past.- course that will run you about $220.00 so that might be out of the range.

Make it noticable when you put it out there.

Jerry

3. Thanks for the advice Jerry. These are all great ideas. Any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks again Jerry.

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Lowcountry Lawn Care,

Just a thought, maybe you should consider giving away a free mowing or something to show off your company's abilities. Quite often you will see on Lawnsite, sponsors giving away their products to create more interest in their company.

5. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was gonna say to give a mowing away, but it could end up being excessive and may not wind up panning out for any future, business, but maybe you could donate some flowers or shrubs that you could plant for them or maybe deliver some mulch or something, it still may not amount to any future business for you but at least you can contol exactly what you're donating.

6. Great advice from all of you guys. Thanks. I guess it's just gonna take some thinking of how to make my business visible during the tournament.

7. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Donate something that makes a lasting memory. I give clients that refer me to friends a gift cert to a fancy restaurant. I don't give enough for a complete dinner for two, but they don't remember that. They remember that because of me they had a great romantic dinner out.

8. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not offer a mowing as the prize? The idea behind freebies is to get new customers. What better way than to have someone experience having your LCO mow their lawn?

9. economiclawncare

economiclawncare LawnSite Member

i would have more things out there with your name on it besides a business card it may cost you more money but it could gain you more also. For example Mugs, Water bottles, Soda can holders, Tees, Pen anything like that.