Great Phone Call Today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CELawn, Nov 14, 2007.

1. CELawn

CELawn LawnSite Member

I called with one of my customers today to discuss his winter schedule and he went on and on about how much he appreciated my service. He told me that he never even looks at my invoices except for the bottom line and that whatever he pays me is more than worth it. He even offered for me to bring my kids over to play with his kids. He is a very busy and successful surgeon and we spent 10 minutes talking about our families and how thankful he is to not have to worry about his lawn or flowerbeds. With all the crap we have to put up with on a daily basis this call really made my day. :)

2. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

Everyone could use more customers like those! The other day I cut a lawn for one of my customers and I had to bag alot because there was quite a bit of leaves. So I was planning on charging $45 instead of the usual $30. I went up to the door and before I could say anything he gave me $100 just for doing a good job all season! I have to say it made my day. It is nice when customers do something nice that is completely unexpected.:)

3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

yep, Those are the calls that make my day!

4. TREEGUARD

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

everyone loves a call like that but usally we get call from the people who owe the most money complaining that we missed a spot or there still leaves on the property. I guess most people are reall jack as... ;)

5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

just be careful and know where to separate friends and business.

6. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

I wish every single customer on my list where like that. Thats what happens when u keep up the good work

7. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

you don't have any surgical procedures planned for the near future do you? sawbones could just be buttering you up.....

8. LawnNeedz

LawnNeedz LawnSite Senior Member

I have one customer that left me an ice chest full of bottled water every week when I serviced there yard. I cut there yard for the last time this week and they gave me a huge gift basket full of chocolate. Sure feels nice to be appreciated every once in a while.

9. Even Cut Lawn Care

Even Cut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

That just goes to shoe you what happens when you do good work.