1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

great product for pvc leaks

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by irrigation man, Mar 6, 2008.

1. irrigation man

irrigation man LawnSite Member

hey guys this company makes a new product for pvc pipe repair,it will seal up just about any leak u have without having to cut it out or replace the pipe,i saw it used on a golf course on 8" pipe with about 200psi and it sealed in minutes,its called this glue works and is sold by the following company
    extreme adhesive and supply
    seabrook nh
    1-800-888-4583 ask for ann
    it was featured in a popular mechanics issue a few months back
  2. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

"This Glue Works" is the name of it?

Will Ann send me a small sample to try or give me a money back guarantee? Is this a "Mighty Putty" take-off?

3. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Get this dude out of here.
  4. LawnMastersTx

LawnMastersTx LawnSite Member

The local news did a report over "Mighty Putty" and found out that the only thing it did that it advertised was to stop leaks in a cup.

I thought we used duck tape to fix the leaks in PVC pipe =)
  5. irrigation man

irrigation man LawnSite Member

this product is not mighty putty guys this is a new product that most people have not seen or heard off,if you contact the company and talk to them they will give u all the details that you need and capt stream rotar you should try looking into the product before you put it down, it has been used by a golf course in new england and proven to work,it saves time and money and alot less in material repair costs
  6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

It may be cheaper, easier and faster, but does it pass the long term test? Is it going to work for a month and then leak, causing me to dig it up and repair again? I can stick a coupler on or 4 90's (maybe not on an 8 incher) and expect it to last for 20 years, can the same be said for the Irrigation Man Putty?

If its too good to be true, it usually is!

Sell us the product if that is your goal, dont just say call the company. We really want to know. Pictures would be nice, big ones.

"Momma always used to say, life is like a piece of Magic Putty, you never know how its going to work!"
  7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

"Oh Annie? Send over some more Mighty Putty"

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

That will require one mega sized roll of duck tape!
  9. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I remember way back when in S. Fla an irrigation salesman trying to sell to the course I worked at some of that "magic"pipe putty. Made all sorts of claims about ease of use, durability, etc.
    So the GC Super had me dig up a leak so the salesman could demonstrate this miracle cure.
    Man oh man did I wish digital cameras were available then.
    First the guy just about glues his hand together as he "forgot" to wear gloves. Then when he finally said he was done I go to open the nearest isolation valve - while this rocket scientist in still in the excavation around the allegedly repaired leak.
    I finally heard the guy screaming from two fairways away for me to shut the valve. When I got there I saw the sales dude soaked to the skin from the leak blowing out the magic putty. He had globs of this crap all over him, on his shirt, hands, face, in his hair.
    To make it even more funny, by the time he got back to the maintenance facility to clean up all of this stuff had hardened making the removal real painful. If you guys have ever seen the 40 year old virgin wax scene you'll get a good idea what this guy suffered through.
    And the reason the GC Super didn't radio me to shut off the valve? Well, he was laughing so hard he couldn't breathe, let alone speak coherently over the radio.
    Come to think of it, that was the last time I ever saw that sales dude.
  10. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

will someone hold this guy so i can shoot him?