Great profit job finished.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by dtelawncare, Jul 5, 2006.

1. dtelawncare

dtelawncare LawnSite Member

Yesterday I finished up a nice job repairing the ground behind a sea wall on the river. The ground was washing out behind the cross ties. We dug it out, packed the trench with gravel and dirt, then sodded over it. Customer was very impressed and I netted about $1400 in 3 days with the project. I'm gonna try to post a few pics on here. It looks simple, but the only place to get the Terramite to it is a steep hill going into the water.

2. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

good stuff mate its a bloody good feeling when you make the profit you wish and that the customer is happy.makes it easy to get up tomorrow:waving: :drinkup:

3. tylermckee

tylermckee LawnSite Member
    from wa

What is stoping your gravel from washing away?

4. dtelawncare

The cross ties should help that. I understand your question though. This is only a temporary fix. Customer wants me to pour a wall in a couple of years. We had to get something in thoses holes before they got any bigger. As I mentioned, there is a steep bank leading around the house. I am not ready to try the cement. Honestly, I'm not really sure how to get the cement in there. It will have to be moved 125 feet down the edge of the water after I get it down the slope. I hope to aquire a set up to do this in the next couple years.

5. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

Have the concrete pumped in with a truck. Sounds like a good profit, and the customer is happy, good going keep up the good work.

6. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Yeah you're going to need a concrete pump. Also some pics? Couldn't you fill it in with large rocks also?

7. dtelawncare

The pics didn't come through. I'll try again. There were already some large rocks in the holes. They didn't pack well and let the water remove all the dirt from in between them. Let me see if I can get the pics up.

8. dtelawncare

Maybe the pics will come through this time.

9. dtelawncare

I am not very experienced with concrete. Explain the exacts of the pump. Will it push the concrete a 100 feet??

10. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Yes, a concrete pump will push it 100 feet with ease. Rent one if you can because like everything they are $$ especially if you dont use them all day every day.

http://www.schwing.com/01_cpumps/linepumps/88/index.html

The picture is on the left side of that page.