Great service from Yazoo/Kees

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by notforprofit, Jul 2, 2004.

1. notforprofit

notforprofit LawnSite Member

I wanted to thank all who answered my post "Demo'ed Scag and Yazoo/Kees Today". Your input was greatly appreciated and really helped me in making a decision. I really appreciate that there is a "Lawnsite". What a great forum and resource.
    If you followed the post, you know I decided to go with the Yazoo, but the yazoo came with the wrong wheels/tires from the factory (Hubs of wheels were inset way too far causing an overly wide stance). Once it was established and agreed by all (the factory) that these indeed were incorrect, all involved bent over backwards to correct the situation.
    My dealer offered to pick up the unit and replace them at his shop. I told him that was not necessary, it could be done at my place. Well, the local sales rep, Jeff, delivered the new wheels "to my door" today and we installed them on the spot. He gave the machine a once over checking its operation, rpm's fittings, pumps, etc. .
    I can't say for others' experiences, but the Yazoo dealer and rep in my area are as Envy said "Golden". I understand now why all you pros put so much emphasis on dealer support.
    Thanks to all again and for all looking for a new ztr, I would give the Yazoo/Kees units a good hard look.

2. Jimmyed

Jimmyed LawnSite Member
    from IN

Only words I have for you are keep an eye on the 2 pulleys on the hydro pumps. Ive seen a couple cases where they have come loose. Out of 45 or so units Ive had 3 fail like that. I just put a pump on my bosses because of this. Really the only part ive replaced on them other than abused parts.

3. Steve1

Steve1 LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on your purchase. I would have looked seriously hard at the Max 2 if there was a stronger dealer for them nearby. I went to my local Y/K dealer only to find he didn't even stock them because he "preferrs to sell the Ferris" of which he had several in stock.

However, he said that he "would be glad to order one for me if I knew what model I wanted". Hmmm.... out the door I went. I don't even know why Y/K would even let him keep their name on his sign(?).

They look like a well built unit and from what I've seen I'm sure you'll get a lot of service and satisfaction out of it. I definitely would have loved to have had a chance to look at one and demo it.

4. notforprofit

Jimmyed-
    What in particular went wrong with the pulleys(bearings?) ? It doesn't look like there's much to go wrong there.

Steve1-
    I looked at every unit I could find within a 50 mile radius. I know what you mean about dealers, I wrote some brands off just because the dealer seemed to be a shmuck. However, IF you come up with a good dealer I think you would be pleasantly surprised at the Yazoo.

5. Steve1

I have no doubt of that based upon what I read in their literature and on their website. They look like an awesome machine and the deck looks very solid and that it should flow the clippings extremely well.

Got any more pics of your machine? I would love to see them if you do. If you do have some would you email them to: raven87@ohiolink.net ?

I'm sure the literature and the website do not do the unit justice on its quality.

6. notforprofit

Steve1-

I'll get some tomorrow. It took me forever to resize the pics for the other post. Maybe sending them regular e-mail I won't have to. I'll try to get then to you in the afternoon, after I get her all good-n-green.

7. Steve1

Thanks! Resizing them shouldn't be an issue for my home email unless they are mega-huge.

Looking forward to seeing them!

8. Steve1

I certainly liked the look of the YK on the website and the lit. I really wish I had a closer dealer that handled them!

But I'm really happy with the Deere units too. Here's what I'm mowing with until my 777 comes in a week or so:

57 rfq rz.jpg

9. Jimmyed

Jimmyed LawnSite Member
    from IN

The 2 set screws in the serpentine pulleys come loose, causing rattling, belts being thrown or worst case, rubbing the front of the pump housing till the snap ring groove comes off and junks the pump.

10. notforprofit

Jimmyed-

Thanks, I'll look out for that. In fact, I think I'll check them out tomorrow before mowing and put a dab of Loc-tite on them.