1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

great set-up!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by MikeKle, Oct 24, 2007.

1. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

I saw a guy the other day with an older International 4700 lo-pro truck with about a 10 ft flatbed with a dovetail and small gate on it,he was only hauling 2 Exmark turftracers on it.He sai he got the truck cheap and fabricated the bed himself.He also said the gas mileage was great since the truck was holding about 1400 lbs. of mowers,and that truck is designed to carry much more weight than that.I got to thinking about this since I am getting tired of pulling a 16ft trailer around and only getting around 9mpg.This set-up would work on a 1 ton truck as well,but I have been looking at used trucks and it seems you pay less or the same for a medium duty cab/chassis versus a 1 ton truck with a diesel and 4X4! Anyone else gone this route?
  2. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't see it much around here, but back east a lot of guys run a cabover with a flatbed/beavertail body on it.
  3. several years ago, Pro magazine ran an article about a company in Louisville that took an old school bus, cut most of the body off , put a dove tail and ramp on it. Was a ral nice setup.