Great start to a new week

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kelly's Landscaping, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

It's bad enough last week I had to deal with rain from Ivan, a gasket went on the 20 hp Kohler motor on my small lazer oil was just pouring out so that was down all week. I had a employee do a no call no show the entire week so he could put a new motor in his jap car and I had to finish cutting the last 11 lawns on Sunday. But today tops it last night after eating diner something fell into my eye and no matter what I could not get it out. So after waking every hour last night in pain I went to see and eye doctor this morning $230 dollars later he removed some sort of white rock under my upper eye lid that had been scratching me every time I blinked. So now I got one blue eye and one pure black from the drops everything is blurry and it looks like I'll be taking today and tomorrow off. Then on Wednesday we get to start cutting lawns all over again. Can’t hardly wait for this day to end and with any luck I'll have my little lazer back before we start cutting again.

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

dam lazy good for nothing lawn boy !Taking days off during the week for a little thing like loosing an eye. Hope ya feel better! And don't worry the grass will still be there when you decide your vacations needs to end LOL

Mac

3. Kelly's Landscaping

Thanks Mac knew I could count on you for sympathy. I am headed to a dealership to start picking out my new truck for this fall so one eye is going to have to be good enough today not time to take the whole day off.

4. olderthandirt

from here

With your money just call them up and tell them to bring over a selection to choose from :D

Mac

5. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Around here that would be called a crack rock. :laugh:

Hope you get feeling better soon. Best of luck to you.

Gravely_Man

6. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Why take the day off, you have another eye LOL! JK. I wish you a speedy recovery.

7. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

Next you'll want time off for losing your leg!

Way too many slackers in the green industry!

8. Kelly's Landscaping

Still hurts but I think I will be working tomorrow had enough time off and the 48 k price tag I saw today says to me I need to work a little harder still. Well I got an estimate in 30 mins perhaps they will help me with my new truck.

9. olderthandirt

from here

Estimate the new job at 48k, and it will help you on the truck

mac