Green barrels

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by tajn84, Mar 10, 2009.

1. tajn84

tajn84 LawnSite Member

hey does anyone know where the cheapest place to get the green barrels in ny?
  2. mikeg1005

mikeg1005 LawnSite Member

Is there a Home Depot in your area. I got mine for $50 their
  3. tajn84

tajn84 LawnSite Member

the home depot in my area does not sell them anymore. does anyone else have any other suggestions?

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Check JD/Lesco or local mower shops
  5. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Just a quick question? Why not buy the $14 ones from Wally World with wheels and a lid, cuz they've both already blew out of the truck and got beat to hell. I just can't see the need to spend $50 on a barrel that will get torn up.
  6. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I agree and disagree with your statement. I have 3 of the green barrels and have had them for over 4 years now and are showing very little wear. If you are always dragging them along the concrete, etc... yeah they will get torn up quicker. They have been nothing but another tool thats makes my job easier. On the other hand, they are expensive and can be bulky. I paid like 60 bucks or so for them which is expensive. You also cant load them to the brim, they get very very heavy. So there are good and bad
  7. MumCity Landscaping LLC

MumCity Landscaping LLC LawnSite Member

You get what you pay for. Home Depot carries them. I wish Lowes did as i work there part time and get a 10% discount.
  8. jtyson1479

jtyson1479 LawnSite Member

Carl's Equipment in Patchogue and St James carries them.
    You can order them online here Carry Barrel™
    Or you can call the manufacturer, Chem-Tainer, at 800-ASK-CHEM to direct you to a distributor.
  9. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 LawnSite Senior Member

i know im gonna sound stupid but whats the point in having these
  10. flynnlandscaping

flynnlandscaping LawnSite Member
    from nj

im a 14 year old landscaper and i use those carry barrels for just about anything hedge clippings, grass, weeds, dead plants branches my guy even ran one over with the mower and a customer even ran one over with their car!! Best investment i ever made i had the wheeled ones, never lasted