1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Green Care for Troops

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Thumb, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Green Thumb

Green Thumb LawnSite Member

I don't know if anyone has heard of this organization although you might be able to help a Family in need.
    Joy Westenberg
    GreenCare for Troops Manager
    Project EverGreen
    (toll free) 877-758-4835

joywestenberg@projectevergreen.com

She organizes Lawn care for our servicemen and their families.
    And yes we provide it for free. If your able to participate give her a call or email her. Please take on one family if you can.

2. RJS L&D

RJS L&D LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Yes dlawns posted a few months ago great program called her and she called back a couple of days later nothing in my area. Very nice lady to deal with. Hope to help someone out soon! :usflag:

3. Premier landscaping south

Premier landscaping south LawnSite Senior Member

I just e-mailed her. Thanks for the great thread. I have been looking for a way to give back.

PLS

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i have just emailed as well

5. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Pretty cool program!

6. just emailed as well

7. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

There was no one registered in my area either so I went out and found someone. This lady was so surprised she said "you always here about volunteers helping military families but I have never had it happen for me".

Her husband is on his 3rd tour in Iraq and god willing will be home in Oct. His landscape will be rockin by the time he gets back, it already looks 100% better.

I would recommend it for every contractor out there. If no one is registered go find someone ask around, make it happen, you will be richer for it.

8. doug1980

doug1980 LawnSite Senior Member

Since I have only been out since April 09 I want to thank you all for donating your time and service to our troops. I can assure you it is greatly appreciated. All my clients are Military and all get discounts plus I have 3 lawns I do for free since their husbands are deployed. I figure I have to pay it forward since it was done for me while I was deployed.

Former SSgt Douglas Simpson
    181st Civil Engineering Squadron
    [​IMG]

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

With all due respect, sir,...there is no need to thank us for being members of Operation Greencare (and those of whom are not, but do it on their own). It is US, who thank YOU for doing what you have done and what you do. And God bless you.

10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Agreed, thank you for your service!