Green-Cuts to Go LIve next summer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Green-Cuts, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Green-Cuts

Green-Cuts LawnSite Member

Hello

I am in need of some advice on starting a lawn care business. I need tips and advice on all the small things that most people would forget about. Tips on trailer setup, what to have on the trailer, equipment to buy, any helpfull software, helpfull websites...besides this one, how you keep track of maintence on machines and cost of each, what to do for winter storage, and anything else that might be helpful.

Thanks
    for your time
    Brandon

2. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a tip for you that will keep you busy for days. Use the search on this site for any topic and you find your answers.:D

If you don't want to do that then Sean (owner of this site) will gladly sell you his how get started in lawn business or whatever it is called. l

3. Green-Cuts

Hello

Thanks for the Tip. I have been on this site for a few weeks and found a lot of good stuff but am looking for more in depth tips. I have another business that I do full time plus family and all the other things life brings and could use some time savers so I do not have to continue to search and search.

Thanks
    Brandon

4. DLS1

Your asking for alot of information at once. Posts are usually for one topic so I don't think you would get much response for all your questions. Best thing to do is get Sean's Startup book. I don't think it cost much for what your getting.

Go to http://www.lawncaresuccess.com/

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

LOL...
    First off, if you do NOT want to search, then go read here:
    http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=13339
    Read the WHOLE thread, post by post...

See the problem is what works for one of us may or may NOT work for you. This is not because of you or because you are new, but it is like that for each and every one of us. I mean, some guys run regular unleaded, others run premium, some run off-road fuels... But to each their own, you can't tell them what they are doing is wrong, but what is right for them may not be right for me or for you, etc, etc...

So unfortunately you kinda sorta have to search and crawl, here's what I learned:
    See there is a bit of spam so all you do is weed through that and what you have left is the gold nuggets that will set you straight. If you're not sure which ideas are spam to you and which are the nuggets, take a few of the ideas and do some trial runs, see what works and keep those, then discard the rest and you're set ! That's basically how the Internet works, anyway... Is always a bit of spam, but the stuff you want is here, for free! YES we would like your cooperation :)

You can buy the book but it's all the same thing, you'll still have to READ and weed through the spam... Only thing is, you might be somewhat more likely to read the book since it cost you MONEY... Here's my advice: PAY yourself the 20 dollars (or whatever) it would cost to buy the book, and spend the next 20 minutes or so reading (NO don't stopwatch time it dangit), that would come out to a dollar a minute and I can assure you your time will not be wasted.... Then IF you still feel like buying the book, well by all means.

viola :)

6. DLS1

Are you saying Sean will put spam in his book. I think you got carried away with your comments and didn't read what you wrote. :D

Below is some of the topics and I notice he also has some templates to use. What more can you ask for if you don't have time to read through lawnsite.

Topsites does have a good point about spam as he puts it but I call it people lying sometimes on this site. Or you can believe everyone is an angel on this site and now one lies. Just get the book.

EXAMPLES OF SOME OF THE TOPICS COVERED IN DETAIL:

Getting Started Taxes
    Insurance Licensing
    Employees Marketing
    Advertising Accounting
    How To Estimate Equipment

EXAMPLES OF SOME OF THE TEMPLATES YOU CAN USE IMMEDIATELY

Contracts Proposals
    Estimates Door Hangers
    Flyers Newspaper Ads
    Yellow Page Ads Business Cards
    21 Letters Invoices
    Route Sheets Door Signs
    Yard Signs Employment Application
    Leave Behinds Chart of Accounts

7. Green-Cuts

Hi

I bought seans book and it had a lot of good information in it.
    Thanks for your help abd replies.

Brandon

8. DLS1

Okay Sean I got him to buy the book so where is my 30% commission. :D