Green Guys Landscaping & Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Green-Man, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

I learned a good lesson today. Don't give estimates over the phone:hammerhead: I got a call yesterday to cut this yard a ways away from where I live thinking it would give me a chance to pick up a few more houses down that way. The lady called because I was recommended, she said that her guy hasn't shown up and I was thinking oh he's like a week late, yeah sure I can come and cut. It's a zero-acre yard and I was thinking in and out in 20 minutes for $30 not to bad. I pull up to the house to find this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The yard wasn't probably cut in a month to two months. She just so happened to forget to mention that, even though I should have asked. Learned my lesson!

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I feel for you but if you seen it you would have bid high and she wouldn't have accepted right:rolleyes:

3. Green-Man

Yeah I would have quoted it at 45 to at least make a decent profit. Oh well you learn from messing up haha!

4. Green-Man

Today was pretty hot it was 95 degrees out. I usually wear a long sleeve and a tshirt under that. It was so hot that I decided to wear a dry fit shirt as my under shirt and man what a difference the sweat didn't feel as bad and I got like a slight breeze, it also didn't feel as heavy then the sweat drys out quickly. Has anyone else done this? I might do this for now on. Seems to keep me much cooler.