Green Industry Expo 2004

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crawdad, Oct 7, 2004.

1. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Who's planning to go to the Green Industry Expo in Charlotte November 4-6?
    If all goes as planned, I'll be there.
    Crawdad

http://www.gieonline.com/home/

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

You know I am!!!! I am also going to all the educational tracks.

3. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I hadn't signed up to go to the educational stuff, seeing as how I already know everything. Do you know if I can change my mind (what mind?) when I get there? Or should I reconsider now?
    Crawdad

4. walker-talker

from Midwest

You are already past the "early bird" date for the seminars....it was the 15th of last month. You might be able to sign up when you get there, but not sure.I know you can on the internet. The early bird price was $320, after that I think it's around $380. That includes choosing between over 75 seminars, but you can only attend to like 8 different ones of the three days, a couple of speeches, tickets to both the outdoor and indoor expo (which is free anyway) and includes the lunch at the outdoor expo. I paid the extra $20 for the breakfast buffet roundtables through PLCAA. They have all these tables with a different subject posted on each table. Each table has its own moderator to get the discussions started while you eat breakfast. I really had a great time a couple years ago. If anyone is new to the business (less than 5 years) I strongly suggest getting the full meal deal. If you know it all, then come and teach some of us newbies.

Two years ago when I went I attended mostly marketing seminars and roundtables. This year I will be attending mostly businees oriented seminars and such. Next year it might be pesticide or landscaping. Also, new this year, that have a lot of tracks on hydroseeding.

Oh yeah, it also includes a perspective members night which includes free food and alcohol beverages. You have to drink fast though, it only last about an hour :drinkup:

crawdad likes this.
  5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Im gonna be there friday

6. MikesLC

MikesLC LawnSite Member

I'll be there, looking forward to it.

7. MikesLC

MikesLC LawnSite Member

Four of us, that's it? Maybe we can get together for coffee or something.
    Mike

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

9. walker-talker

from Midwest

How about some bourbon???

10. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Im going....I only have to drive an hour and a half to get there. I haven't signed up for anything yet, though