1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Green Industry Expo (GIE)?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Darb, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Darb

Darb LawnSite Member

I am new to this industry (my business partner has the experience) and I noticed that the GIE was coming up in mid November. We planned on driving up for it. We won't be attending any of the classes taught there this year so we aren't concerned about that aspect of the expo. Though we will be going to the Product Field Day and the Trade Show.

Should I go? Would it be worthwhile? How does it compare to the other expos/conventions/tradeshows?

2. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Use the Search option... type in GIE and you'll get 59 different threads where GIE has been mentioned.

That'll help you alot, and supply many more answers than you'll get on this thread here....
  3. CMerLand

CMerLand LawnSite Senior Member

The expo is great, but I wonder why your not going to attend the educational aspects that the conference offers. To travel up to Nashville to attend a product demo is kinda like going to a car show. Sure youll see some cool stuff but are you going to walk away a smarter businessman because of the trip?? The educational and networking aspects will be far more valuable to you in the long run then finding out which lawnmower goes the fastest.

4. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

The trade show is great but the educational sessions are the best. You will learn so much and meet so many brains to pick. Don't spend the time and money to go and not get educated.
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

JAA, Are you going to GIE?
  6. John Allin

Oh yes.... I'll be there.
    Taking 4 of our people too.
  7. Great we can finally meet in person!!

I will be there.
  8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Excellent, I owe you a drink! :)
  9. John Allin

Keep in mind, that you guys have been able to see pictures of me, so you'll know who I am..... I don't know what any of you look like - so you'll have to come up to me. Start with your LS handle and then your name.... I'll never recognize your real names if you start like that....

Although.... if those pictures under your names are real pictures - I'll find you easily enough.