green machine 4600LP Blower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Proscapez LLC, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC LawnSite Member

I have had this green machine back pack blower about 5 or 6 years now, I bought it used.
    I have been wanting to replace it with a new Echo back pack, but it just wont quit running.
    Does anyone else use one of these relics?

2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

That's a Robin in disguise. They were made by Robin, so is the Makita line.
    You'll have to really mess up to get them to stop running.

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

the 4600 is not a robin but a redmax . i have one i bought used back in 1990 and its still running great. not as much blow as todays big boys but they last forever it seems. i have a redmax thats identical from the same period and its been bullitproof too. i got lucky and scored brand new nos tubes for mine last year on ebay! no more duct tape

4. vickivale7

vickivale7 LawnSite Member

Does anyone know where I can purchase a new Zenoah coil for this model green machine? I found a number for a company called Techtronic but it has been disconnected. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

5. lawnboy dan

ebay is your best bet. the redmax model thats identical is the 431. there are parts for them on ebay usually.

6. groelzj

groelzj LawnSite Member

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but i figured it would email you guys who posted here previously.

What models of Redmax or Robin is identical to the Green Machine 4600lp?

I just bought one used and am looking for an air filter cover for it...being nearly Christmas time, I feel that a red and green machine would be quite appropriate!

7. lawnboy dan

redmax 431

8. groelzj

groelzj LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help Dan,

Do you know if there was ever a way to make this into a duster? I see a block-off plate at the top that looks like it's there in place of a hopper or tank, but I can't find any information on such a thing...why else would you have a block-off plate there?

Thanks,
    Jon

9. lawnboy dan

there may have been at one time. this is an very early desighn and may have shared duties as a mister under a differnt name or brand