Green Machine Hedge Clippers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassdaddy, Aug 7, 2004.

1. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Saw some gas power green machine hedge clippers today at a yard sale.In great shape,just a little old,commerical model with single bar 20"-24".--The man said"they ran when I put them up last yr."Can I get parts still for this thing?Anybody know anything about them?I can go back and get it tommorrow,its 15.00.:confused:

2. grassdaddy

Mabey I could get some help on a political forum??Somebody has to have a little green machine experence??:( :(

3. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

man those things are old that is the stuff i cut my teeth on back in the early 80s. if you can get it to run get them 15.00 it should be worth it as for parts forget it

4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know about really old stuff but, Green Machine was produced by Robin in the last several years.

5. grassdaddy

Well I went back and bought them,15.00.Cost me 2.94 for a primer bulb.Now they run!

I need an air filter and something is missing off the muffler,it blows exhaust out a little pipe all over you,bad..
    The gas cap may not be right for it,it says 20:1--25:1 so thats how I mixed it,smokes bad wide open!--Everything else is good.

Bar is 30",model is 2400m,HMC

Anybody know anything about these,please let me know.:)

Thanks Tharrell and sawman.:)

6. boatdude

boatdude LawnSite Member

Check out this website...it tells the tale and it looks like these guys could be pretty helpful. I am aware of some green machine stuff that has been running for almost 20 years non-commercial use.

http://www.ktoutdoor.com/greenmachine_parts_page.htm

Also keep and eye on ebay...sometimes people who have parts put them up there and even though you may not want the specific item they are selling you may be able to get in contact with then to get what you really need.

Good luck with it.
    bd