1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Green Machine

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greens Keeper, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Greens Keeper

Greens Keeper LawnSite Member

Every one I need some help. I have two Green Machine 2800 string trimmers that I'm in desperate need of parts. I need throttle triggers and gas caps. Have tried other brands none seem to fit. Anyone with a lead on parts I would like to know. We can't seem to get any response from Green Machine on any ordering Thanks :blob1:
  2. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

ive got 2 old green machines sitting in my garage i will never use agian your welcome to have them if ya want them . where abouts in NE iowa ya at
  3. Martino

Martino LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

You might want to try a John Deere dealer. Several years back, they bought the rights to the Green Machine name, but it never really took off for them, apparently.
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

5. digger1

digger1 LawnSite Member

John Deere did buy the name several years ago and still markets some Green Machine items. May want to contact a Redmax dealer as some of the Red Max parts are 'cross-over' parts (same GMachine item fits the Red Max).
    Also may want to consider upgrading your equipment as it may be cheaper in the long run than trying to buy parts on an outdated piece of equipment. Nickle and dime parts are one thing but most likely you will spend more for parts in the future than you would if you upgraded.
  6. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I was talking to our Redmax rep and he told me they used to built all the green machine trimmers. So I would look there for your parts.
  7. plyscamp

plyscamp LawnSite Member

First let me state I worked for HMC for 20 years. HMC was the parent company of The Green Machine products prior to the bankruptcy in the early 1990's.

Zenoah ( Red Max ) did build many engines for Green Machine products, However so did Shidiawa, Mitsubishi, McColluch and Piston Power Products (Ryobi).

Depending on which 2800 trimmer you have 2800 or 2800M it could have a Zenoah or Mitsubishi engine. If it is a 2800 it will have a G2D Zenoah engine and if it is a 2800M it will have a Mitsubishi engine, sorry I don't remember the model# on the Mitsubishi engine. That may help you in locating a gas cap from a dealer.

The throttle levers were produced by The Green Machine and will probably be difficult to locate. But with a little creative workmanship you should be able to adapt a universal throttle lever.

Hope this helps.

8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

It could also be a rebadged Robin. Tony
  9. plyscamp

plyscamp LawnSite Member

If the Robin engine was used on a model 2800 it was after the HMC involvment.
  10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

how come green machine went under? they invented the stick edger and all their products were great .please share your inside info plyscamp since you worked for hmc.