Green-Pa buys mower!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, Jul 2, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

In case u guys want to know, I figured I owed some of u this much as to tell u which mower I was able to get. I went with the scag belt driven 36. I got a velky, extra blades, oil, and all for about $3600 including tax. Not a superb deal but at least I have a mean machine now ( at least compared to my 21 inch). I had tried the Gravely hydro with only 7 hours on it which was only $2900 inlcuding velky earlier today. It was fabulously easy to drive and I tried to get approved for it but wasn't. So i headed to the Scag dealer and went with what I knew I was approved for. I'm sure I'da liked that Gravely better, but nothing u can do. I figure if things continue to go well for me this year and next year is even that much better, I could always trade the scag in or sell it and upgrade to a hydro. BUt the Scag belt drive was fairly simple to control from my little test run I did on it. I'm excited! I pick it up tommorow. Too bad I got this damned poison ivy buggin'
  2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Good Job, you took our advice. Now add it to your siggy,

3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Congrats, it's about time. You made a good choice. That mower will last you a long time.

Now, the obligatory pictures are required:)
  4. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

how about some pics of that mower, trailer,and mower on trailer
  5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

It's about Godd@mn time!!!!!:laugh:

Post pics as soon as you can.
  6. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

Good move green pa.

Im partial to orange mowers myself
  7. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Now we need to see some pictures!
  8. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

9. green-pa

THanks guys! THat's really warm of u. I should have the mower picked up tommorow and will post some pics of it with trailer when I get it home. Boy am I going to be on a hunt for customers now! I'm kinda glad my lawn needs cutting too! I've got a descent size front and back so it should give me a bit more practice than my customer's yards as most of my Tues route is small 1/6-1/8 acre lots that require mostly 21 in. I feel like I'm about ready to rock-n-roll :)
  10. green-pa

Yeah, it's a great color! Scag mowers really stand out!