Green Pastures now accepts credit cards!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Green Pastures, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

YEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW :D

I just got my portable card swiper/computer/printer in the mail. My service agent at the bank told me (and I have it in writing) that as long as I swipe the card and get an approval code on the screen I'm guaranteed to get my money.

I have been praying about getting more, larger and higher profit jobs, and lo and behold who starts calling my but people from the local Air Force Base! :blob3: The only problem there was, they can only pay by credit card. Government purchase cards they call them?? :dizzy:

Anyway I was sweating being approved to be able to accept them cuz I've only had my business account for about 1 year. So there's not to much history there. But not to worry I GOT APPROVED :blob3:

Sorry, guy's but I'm a bit excited, this is a big step for me. These jobs I'll be bidding for now are in the 4-5 figure a month range,instead of the 3 figure a month range. I'm still a one man show, and now I'll have the king of income to hire a helper. Maybe now I can only work 60 hours per week instead of 70!!!!!

Scott

2. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

Allright man. Thats a big step, Now go to work and make that $$$$$$$$$$$.

Good luck

3. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Scott:

Congrats !!! It looks like it will pay off for you. I certainly hope it does. Now get out there and win those bids, Bro. !!! :)

4. What kind of rate did you get?

5. Green Pastures

1.2% per transaction, no transaction fee, no service fees. I think I got a great deal.

God blesses me!

Scott

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Oh yea baby....go go go....you da man.
    Congrats!!!
    Do you mind me asking what the unit cost? People love to pay with money they don't have, but you are sure to get yours.

MATT

7. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

We fought the credit card thing for awhile, then bit the bullet and got set up to take them... and it was a great move. We're now glad we did it. Wouldn't give it back.....

Great move.... go get 'em !!

8. Green Pastures

Matt,

The unit did not cost me a thing! I got all the set up "stuff" I needed, no monthly fees, free forms when I need more, 1.2% rate on all transactions no matter what size. I'm real happy.

Scott

9. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Scott, they're probobly talking about the IMPAC card. The good thing is, once they know you accept the card, they will use you whenever they can, because a lot of time its hard to find people that accept it.

For instance, there is only one small engine / equipment repair firm that accepts the card. Say we find a guy to make hydraulic hoses, but doesn't accept the card, we have to go through the guy that does accept it to buy the hoses.

You will have a lot of subcontracting oppurtunities if you get involved with the base, so read up on tax/insurance laws when it comes to that stuff and get ready to make some money!

Good Luck. If you need any help with the Air Force / Base specific stuff, drop me an e-mail......I will be able to help you out a bit. ;)

10. BOG Lawncare

BOG Lawncare LawnSite Member

who did you go to to get these great deals......I need to know. I am also thinking about doing this.

thanks.