Green Question - Get Rid of Ole Paint&More

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by ed2hess, May 25, 2013.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

And the answer to the question is......go to HomeDepo and drop $1.50 put it in a can of paint and it gets hard in hours.

001.jpg

001.jpg

2. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

Post in Free section on Craigslist. Somebody might want it.

3. XYZLawnPros

XYZLawnPros LawnSite Senior Member

If they refuse to take your hazardous chemicals, and you obviously have a division that the taxpayers are paying for, politely explain to them this. You will be bringing the sheriff back with you to arrest the non-compliant governmental employees committing fraud, treason, harm to the city/state/county, harm to other employees, public people etc. The list is long. Read for yourself.

Step 2. Stop being a government employee yourself and paying for their uselessness.

We clean out homes of deceased people after there has been an auction. Whatever they don't want gets tossed. You wouldn't believe all the homes with TONS of hazardous chemicals.

We read all their bullshit paper and pencil laws to the T before we used OUR public service free of charge. First load of hazardous chemicals we had over 30 gallon paint cans, aerosol cans etc. They tried to turns us away from OUR free chemical and hazardous drop off. We were prepared for the sheer stupidity and in competence of OUR governmental employees. We requested a sheriff to come make arrests for us. Yes that was the employees at the facility, as well as arrests for the 1 single person who wrote those statutes for this particular scene. They had not re-bonded their own statute. Needless to say we got exactly what we wanted before it got out of hand.

He who doesn't demand from his public servants to do their jobs, is the slave to the servant.

4. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Their is not a county or state in the us that does not have a hazardous material collection day.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Unfortunately they make it very difficult by limited hours and tons of paper work and many items in aerosol cans they won't take. The collection day you drive to their place and sit in line. We got almost amillion people and one location:hammerhead:

6. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Ya give it to the illegals and they will help paint the city.

7. Stillwater

Then put it in the trash problem solved.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I've bought a few houses over the years. Each time I buy one the previous owners leave all of their unused paints behind. One older house had paints in Mason Jars. I just take the tops off and let the paint dry out. I have found that paint will dry out better if you don't leave it where rain can get in the cans. Seriously.

9. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

Local theater troupes are another outlet for any unused, but usable paint, which can be used in painting their backdrops. I recycled fifteen gallons that way.

10. Stillwater

Great idea never thought of that