green touch blower rack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by simsy71, Sep 17, 2004.

1. simsy71

simsy71 LawnSite Member

put the blower rack on the trailer not very impressed. To much swaying back and forth. Do not feel comfortable with my echo 750 on it. Anyone have this issue?
  2. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I use one for my echo 430. It doesnt sway. I have it mounted on the front of the trailor.
  3. Matts Mowing

Matts Mowing LawnSite Member

I installed one on the front of my trailer a few months ago and have had absolutely no problems with it. I have no sway at all.....Are you sure everything is tight? Is it installed close to a welded vertical support? ;)
  4. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Did you cut the yellow plastic off at the base before mounting it? We had our first trailer that did not have that done and they swayed. Once the plastic was cut off at the base it has been solid as a rock. We have 2 blower racks, a 5 trimmer rack, 2 back pack sprayers and 3 tool racks from Greentouch and love them on the open trailer.
  5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Is it the actual rack that's swaying? Or the blower.

I've got a 750, and there's a little part that you're supposed to get from Green Touch as well.

I didn't use that part, just set the blower on the rack and run a bungee cord around it. No problems.

My rack is in an enclosed trailer, so I don't have to worry about someone just unhooking the cord and taking the blower either.
    simsy71 likes this.
  6. simsy71

simsy71 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies.

Yes I did remove the yellow plastic from the base.
    I guess I am going to try to move it to the front of the trailer.
  7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Mine is on the side at the front and it couldn't be more any better or tighter.