Green Touch or Trimmer Trap

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gdub, Apr 25, 2006.

1. gdub

gdub LawnSite Member

I'm trying to decide between these two products. Which have you had experience with and how well did/does it work? I'm trying to get a more professional look for my trailer and save my equipment at the same time.

2. Lynch Landscaping

Lynch Landscaping LawnSite Member

I would go with the Green Touch for a professional look.

3. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search on google for Gridiron racks manufactured by Novae, Corp.
    They are stainless steel and extremely durable. Awesome product.:usflag:

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Trimmer Trap all the way. Why use more than one lock, to secure your trimmers? With the Trimmer Trap all you need is one. You can also paint the Trimmer Traps to match your trailer.

5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I use the Trimmer Trap TT-4. One handle to open up four racks, one handed operation, one lock for the whole system. Worth the money for sure. Also, my stuff doesn't roll around on the rack, it's all snugged up.

6. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

I am in the process of deciding on this very same subject and I have narrowed it down to the Trimmertrap and the Gridiron. The Gridiron is a pretty cool rack system. You should check them out. There is a good video to watch available at www.novaecorp.com

Joe

7. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

trimmer trapp all the way

8. valley boy

valley boy LawnSite Member

Just bought a trimmer rack from a dealer ( Green Touch product ) its got a heavy plastic coating to keep from rusting and protection for your trimmers . Works great and comes with locks etc.

9. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We Run Trimmer Trap No Problems These Things Rule,check Out Jungle Jim These Look Cool

10. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I have both the trimmer trap, and the Green Touch. My TT is a few years old, and I do not know if they updated the hook system that the tools sit on, but if they have not... I would just assume go out and beat my edger or trimmer with a hammer wrather then to use that thing. I broke an edger on the TT this week. I have lost a weed whip gear box and shaft in the past, and have broken several tubes on other units. I have taped, put rubber coating, and a variety of other things to doctor it up, but it continues to wear through the shafts of these tools. I have also broken triggers on this unit as well.I hate it!

The Green touch takes a bit longer takes a few seconds longer to access the tools but, it looks nicer, and keeps my equipment from damage. I thing is is a much better constructed rack. My Green Touch holds 5 tools to boot.

If you have perfectly smooth roads or they have really altered the TT you may be ok. I would go with the Green Touch every time for my business.

Good luck