1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

green trash barrels?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DylanK, Jul 10, 2006.

1. DylanK

DylanK LawnSite Member

where does everybody get these barrels? they are the 60 gallon green trash barrels... a lot of guys use them for grass clippings and leaves.... thanks!
  2. mjohnson1

mjohnson1 LawnSite Member

i dont know about the green barrells but most of the farm feed supply stores around here sell plastic 55 gallon drums for like 10 bucks
  3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Rubbermaid brute is the best you can get IMO.
  4. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

My lesco dealer sells them, I also have seen them at home depot a few times.
  5. Hartnett Lawn Care

Hartnett Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I bought them at Home Depot in Providence, RI. Not every Home Depot carries them. Then inner city one did because of the demand.

You may have to look around.
  6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Yep. You can run over them and they just spring back like new. almost indestructable.
  7. AboveTheCut

AboveTheCut LawnSite Member

drill a coupe holes in the bottom in case you don't dump them right away and they fill up with water.
  8. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

I second that! Good stuff!
  9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

we use the 30-40 gallon rubbermaid with the screw on dollies. they seem to last forever and I use themm at my house and my garbage men have been unable to break them...