Green Up ONLY Please ! ?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Lost Pine, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Lost Pine

Lost Pine LawnSite Member

Could I get recommendations for a Lesco Product(or otherwise) that's good for Greening the Lawn up WITHOUT simulating growth..?

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

3. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Lesco's granular mineral mix with 20% iron works for me, as does their 5-10-31 w/10% iron. This last is a good one for late summer THe high K will toughen it up for late summer stress
  4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Ditto if you're talkin' clay/high pH soils. Manganese, boron, sulfur, molybdinum, copper, zinc and 3 or 4 other micronutrients also help, but dry fert products seldom contain all these. LESCO sells 50 pound bags of "micronutrients" (mostly iron) that is very nice. About $40 per 50 pound bag. Keep in mind that iron (just like quick-release nitrogen) does not last long in the soil. I like 34-3-11 (LESCO slow-release scu) during the summer.
  5. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Upidstay. If I remember correctly, doesn't that blend of fert use potassium chloride for it's potassium source? If it does, that sure is a lot of salt to be putting on lawns this time of year. I love the high Fe content that blend has, but think they would have much better using sulphate of potash for the K source instead.
  6. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

I'd have to agree--chelated iron.
  7. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

chelated iron=green up without surge growth. Only lasts about two weeks though.
  8. EdTLawn

EdTLawn LawnSite Member

Iron sulfate or ferrous sulfate is a better choice
  9. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

lesco sells a 4-4-5 with a chelated iron citrate
    i put it on a lawn that was very yellow, i only sprayed half for demo purposes and it green up nicely without and surge growth
  10. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member