Green water

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by ofishil, Sep 11, 2004.

1. ofishil

ofishil LawnSite Member
    from TX

I have this lady that i mow her grass. She asked me to look at her pond and see if i could come up with why it wasnt pumping water so i checked it out and the bottom of the pump was all built up with gunk so i just pulled it out with my hand and it started working. It is a small pond that sits up above the ground and looks like rock with a couple of waterfalls. Maybe the size of a small hottub. No fish are in it. It is just to drown out street noise. Her dog does hop in it though. The water is real green and ugly. Is there any stuff I can put in it to get rid of it? I am guessing from being stagnet in 95 degree heat. I dont really mess with this kind of stuff. Thanks

2. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Lowes sells tablets you can place in the pond to clear it up.Since no fish are in the pond,that's the way I'd go.

3. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Pool Chlorine will clear up most problems. You may have to repeat applications.

4. ofishil

ofishil LawnSite Member
    from TX

ok. I will try out the chlorine tablets first then if that dont work i will try to look for those other tablets. I will try Friday... Thanks

5. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

liquid chlorine will work better than the tablet form. If you can't find chlorine, use bleach.