1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

GreenCare for Troops

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by kajunlawncare, Mar 30, 2014.

1. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Has anyone who signed up gotten a family to help out yet?

2. ozarkbilly

ozarkbilly LawnSite Member

I haven't, only been a week or so though

3. Joe Shooner

Joe Shooner LawnSite Member

I am very involved with Project EverGreen & GreenCare/SnowCare. I appreciate you all signing up for these programs. They really are great opportunities to help people in your communities and to create peaceful green spaces for families leading stressful lives with a loved one on duty.

It's worth pointing out that the greatest need for volunteers is near military bases or in communities with large military presence. If you haven't gotten matched up with anyone, it's possible that no one in the radius you service has requested any assistance. The biggest frustration with the program is having lots of volunteers where we don't need them and lots of families in areas where we don't have enough volunteers.

Thanks again for your support of the program.

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I would like to sign up to do some volunteer work. Where can I do that?

5. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I googled this....Project EverGreen & GreenCare/SnowCare

Then just follow from there. Took 5 minutes.

6. PA GrassChoppers

PA GrassChoppers LawnSite Member
    from PA

Cool program. signed up.

7. Jason

Jason LawnSite Senior Member

Its a Great program and very rewarding helping them out while there over seas away from their families. I have done 2 or 3 yards for families. Also do Snowcare for troops.

8. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

I've been an active participant of this service since it's inception. Thank you [veterans] for your service.

9. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I serviced a family for 2 years while he was deployed. If the opportunity comes up again i will do the same.

10. LittleSprouts

LittleSprouts LawnSite Member

I've also seen some of the low maintenance lawn sites giving discounts to military and vets.
    See: http://www.nomowgrass.com