Greenflo 30-0-0 "or equal"

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by wpines, May 29, 2006.

1. wpines

wpines LawnSite Member

Has anyone used sprayable Lesco Greenflo 30-0-0. It has 50% CRN (controlled release nitrogen) which is slow release. Is there another cheaper, better product that's straight Nitrogen with slow release?
  2. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco in my neck of the woods has started offering a 46-0-0 that is 100% scu. It is supposed to last I think 18 weeks. Might look into this.
    Later, Tony

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

cut the GF WITH some straight urea 46-0-0
  4. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

100 percent scu is not sprayable and im not so sure about that greenflo. How could it be slow release if it is mixed as a spray. doesnt add up...
  5. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

One way to get it cheaper is to buy a larger container. The cheapest way is to have your own storage tank an order 500 gal at a time, or if that is more than you need get a mini bulk pallet or 30-55 gal drum. Liquid slow release is a great product to use but it is pricey.
  6. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

You must be referring to a 46-0-0 with a urease inhibitor such as u-max, it is much slower than regular urea but it is not an scu at all, and 18 weeks is a serious stretch, expect more like 10-12.
  7. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

This product is very good, and it might even be less expensive.

It is called Liquigreen which is sold through Regal Chemical. The Nitrogen content is a formulation of Nitamin. I've sprayed it during Summer conditions with no burn at all.
  8. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

How much does a product with slow release similar to this cost?
  9. wpines

wpines LawnSite Member

dustycedar - how do you cut it with urea? i have granular urea but is it available in sprayable? what would the mixture be when cutting?
  10. southernsprayguy

southernsprayguy LawnSite Member

Prosource One has the Proforma line of liquid fertilizers. They are very good and inexpensive.