Greenlawn valve service

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Wet_Boots, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Could be. You can find that particular valve-head-timer combination in Morris County.

2. Bilalxnj

Bilalxnj LawnSite Member

I have these valves and the master is leaking; should u just replace the gasket in it or the whole thing ? Also what is a good replacement ?

image.jpeg

3. Wet_Boots

Nothing is an easy physical replacement for those angle valves. Is the Greenlawn also the master valve?

4. Bilalxnj

Bilalxnj LawnSite Member

Yea - ordered the plastic gaskets things in the pics - will replace and report back what happens

5. Wet_Boots

That's an uncommon configuration. Nearly every Greenlawn valve I saw was a zone valve, with a Toro 250 series valve as a master.

6. Bilalxnj

Bilalxnj LawnSite Member

Not sure why ; maybe Morris county Irrigation was cutting corners on this particular job....I just put in a Rachio wifi base and got to know the system well. My backflow preventer also went this year ... Ended up replacing the unit instead of fixing the leak... Hopefully these gaskets are the leakage oriented things - then on to the mom functioning heads ...

7. Wet_Boots

Well the Greenlawns are okay as zone valves. Allow for the possibility of needing to upgrade the master valve, which isn't a big deal.

P.S. - Do not try the bleed screws on the Greenlawn valves. The original brass-on-brass connections sometimes froze. Newer versions went to brass-on-stainless-steel in order to get around the weakness.

8. Bilalxnj

Bilalxnj LawnSite Member

Thanks - If I were to replace these - which valves do you recommend ...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

9. Wet_Boots

I don't use angle valves, but I know there is an angle version of the Rainbird DV valve and an Irritrol 2600 (angle version of the 2400 jartop valve)

10. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic