1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Greetings to all. a little off topic

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rico387, Oct 6, 2004.

1. rico387

rico387 LawnSite Member

Greetings to all. I haven't been able to visit LS for the last 9 days as I have had no power, thanx to Hurricane Jeanne. No power also meant no water from the well. It sure feels great to actually have lights and a functioning well. The fridge won't come on, the phone line barely transmits, cable tv lines still laying by the street, but today, I got to use my own shower for the first time in a week and a half. I gotta tell you guys... Indoor plumbing is highly under rated. Glad to be back.
    Rick. IAFF local 2294
  2. harley29710

harley29710 LawnSite Member

Glad you made it. I hope you fared well. I was without for 14 days in '89 when Hugo hit. I had a waterbed then and after about 3 days it got so cold I couldn't take it anymore. I moved into a camper that I had then.
  3. jaybird

jaybird LawnSite Senior Member

i dont know how you did it , i guess you had no choice we were out of power for about 18 hours, we were going nuts yall are tuff down there. peace on earth.
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Thank God I live up North. Glad you made it through the storms
    olderthandirt likes this.
  5. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Glad to hear you made it through yet another storm. Nothing like doing the I got power dance after a week or two in the dark. One of my big wants is a standby generator before next season.