1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GREEN'S PLACE, Jan 20, 2002.

GREEN'S PLACE LawnSite Member

Hey fellow lawn care professionals. This is my second year of full time lawn management. Thanks for the great information you've all shared. Current equipment includes:

2000 Dodge Ram 4X4
    48" Scag Tiger Cub
    36" Exmark Metro
    21" Honda
    Stihl trimmers
    Stihl hedge trimmer
    Stihl backpack
    Red Max backpack
    6 1/2 X 12 trailer

May add a Walker and upgrade to a 16' trailer. Walker owners talk to me; are they worth the investment? Also, once you added the Walker, did your business increase?
  2. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Yep one of these would look good on your equipment list,helps the bank balance too........

3. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a good setup. How do you like your trailer I just bought a 6.5 x 12 tandem today split gates, brakes on all four, 2 trimmer racks, 4 ft sides and a catch all box for $3195.
  4. Scagman wow for $1600 you could have gotten one here.

In most cases any ZTR could increase your productivit.

Which could increase your bottom line.

If you can fit a 60" do it.
  5. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

First, yes my Walker was a sound investment FOR MY BUSINESS as my only other mower was a 48" WB. w/Proslide.

Yes my business increased when I bought the Walker but I don't credit the purchase of the Walker for that.
    I advertised services that I could provide based on the Walker's capabilities. For example, I did around $3500 in aeration in September October thanks to the MillCreek aerator setup. I also am now able to bid on larger jobs by using the 52' SD deck etc.

My point is, either have some type of plan to utilize your equipment to the max or have the commitments in place before purchasing.