Gregson Clark

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Tony Harrell, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone got one of those sprayers that fit into a spreader? If so, how do you like it and how much is it? Also, what do you guys think of that hilander unit of theirs?

2. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

No, I haven't acquired the drop spreader insert unit.
    The cost is somewhere around $800 or so - maybe more. I asked for product literature and was not real impressed.
    However, it did look to be thought out well - just not worth the money.

3. germann

germann LawnSite Senior Member

We bought one-
    I will need to use it more to pass judgement.

4. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

maybe check out Perma Greens unit. It will attach to any spreader, you can still spread your granular product AND be able to spray weeds at the same time. We have some older units, they are 3 gal. tanks that run off a 12volt battery. tank hooks up front on our Lesco spreaders, works out REALLY nice. I believe their new models are smaller tanks, so probably a little less strain on your wrist.

I have seen the units you talk about in the trade magazines, but no, have never used them. BUT, once you 'drop' them in your hopper you cant spread fert. I'd go with the Perma Green units, you'll be able to spread fert and spray weeds with one pass. Cost is around $350. Comes with 2 12volt batteries. Keep one charging in your truck (plugged into cigarrette lighter).

Can check them out at
    www.ride-onspreader.com
    click on Ultra accesories and scroll down

5. Hodge

Hodge LawnSite Senior Member

Just called them the price for the ultra is 4,556.00 and that is the ride on version. I can purchase them at lesco, but I did not check on the pricing yet.

6. Hodge

called lesco they have an older unit (2001) price is 4285.46....

so where was the 350.00 from, was that just for a hopper (granular or liquid)?

7. TSM

from MA

Hodge,

you mis understand me. I wasn't speaking of the Ride-On unit. I was speaking of their small tank attachment for any push spreader.
    Check out the link

www.ride-onspreader.com
    click on Ultra accesories and scroll down

$350 for the unit that attaches to a push spreader. We have two and love them.

we also just purchased the Ultra Ride-on direct from Perma Green @$4650. Thats the motorized unit that you 'ride on'.

8. Hodge

9. TSM

from MA

Hodge,
    no need for any modification to frame of your existing spreader. just drill a few holes (template provided) into hopper and mount. takes about 25-30 minutes and your ready to go.

what i like about their new units is how they mount to the side of the hopper. Our older units mount to the front of the hopper and the tanks are larger (3gal). Front mounting can make the spreader a bit unstable (if the homeowner comes out to talk to you you'd better be sure as you walk away from the spreader that it doesnt flip over because of the weight in the front) also the front mounted tank adds a little stress to your wrists.
    Side mounted tank should remidy those situations.

10. Hodge

Thanks... I have emailed the co asking them how they would mount on the plastic hopper and eventually how much the unit would weigh...

At 330 would it just be better to get a lesco spreader?