gregsonclark add on tank

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by VARMIT COMMISSION, Aug 26, 2008.

1. VARMIT COMMISSION

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone tried to take a 200 gallon lesco poly sprayer and add a 225 gallon leg tank to it by adding a gregsonclark add on tank system. It works off 3 way ball valves. I can add it for about $250.00. A new setup would cost over $3000.00 I would more than likely be using the same chemicals in both tanks. So no cross contamination. Now I have to transfer 200 gallons with bilge pumps and mix chemicals in the field. It would be so much easier to mix in the shop. The leg tank I have is just a nurse tank to refill my 200 gallon lesco sprayer. It sounds like it would work, just curious it anyone has tried it with any luck?

2. yardprospraying

yardprospraying LawnSite Member

Varmitt,

I did that to one of our trucks about 4 yrs ago because I got tired of refilling all the time. I ended up taking it out since it didn't give me any room for fert, plus I am running lower volume.

Here is how I did it to mine:

I took and put a "T" in just in front of the strainer, then I put valves on the "T" so I could turn one tank off, and turn the other on. I then put a "T" on the discharge, or agitator with valves on it so I could switch back and forth between tanks. I put an agitator in the new tank, and it worked perfectly. You just need to make sure when you switch between tanks to open/close the valves accordingly.

John..

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Yardpro is right. However...It is fairly simple to just get a bigger tank. Saw the frame in half if you need to. Like I did. 300 gallon is good and they come in various shapes and horizontal or vertical configurations. 400 gallon is fine if your truck is a one-ton.