Greson-Clark drop in sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Scarlawnturf, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Scarlawnturf

Scarlawnturf LawnSite Member

I recently purchased the Cub Cadet HPS ride-on spreader.(same as the Lesco) It works great for me and I'm happy with the purchase. I'm interested in the drop in sprayer unit and want to know if anyone is using it and how they feel about it. $2800 for the HPS and about $800 for the drop in sprayer make much more sense to me than spending 7 to $8,000 for the other ride on units. But I don't want to argue about the validity and quality of the other ride on's. Like I said, the HPS is working great for me and the way I use it, I just want to know if the Gregson-Clark is a decent unit or not.

2. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

Got one and use it all the time. Great unit. The tank only holds so much so I also bring a nurse tank with me. Only problem is you can not spray and granular fert at the same time. I only do full service and do not take on just fert and squirt customers so the hps and drop in spreader work great for what I need. If I just took on just herbicide/fert I would look into something like a perma green or what not.

3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

How many sq. ft. are you getting out of 1 tank, how much footage out of 1 battery charge?

4. seaweed

seaweed LawnSite Member

i use the drop in sprayer occasionally and like it- i get between 20 - 30k with a tank (depends on weather it's in the morning or late in the day when i'm draging my .... feet).