Gridiron trimmer rack system

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tonirone, May 8, 2008.

1. tonirone

tonirone LawnSite Member

Anyone using the lock system offered by gridiron for there gridiron trimmer rack system?

2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes - I have had mine for four years and I like ALOT !!!!! Rust-free aluminum, very solid and durable. Very tough product. :usflag:

3. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

Me also.. great stuff

4. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the Gridiron and have the lock. BEST rack around. But I'll be honest -- anyone who is familiar with these things can take the entire lock off with just a 1/2" socket and ratchet and remove the whole thing. If you get the lock, you might want to have a shop weld it so it becomes part of the rack and is not removable.

5. Excursion12

Excursion12 LawnSite Member

Swap out the 5/16 bolts on the top for security bolts and you are golden.

6. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

That would probably work pretty well also!

7. tonirone

tonirone LawnSite Member

:confused:Thats what I was thinking also. I thought they would have come up with a better design.

8. Excursion12

Excursion12 LawnSite Member

I think the trouble is, if they give you the security screws they are all the same and everyone knows what it takes to open them. If you buy your own you can pick the type and then people are less likely to bring the right tools to take them. Then again, they can steal any part of the trimmer they want with any rack (had my spool head stolen while in menards last week:(