Gridiron

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by F Y P M, Feb 21, 2008.

1. F Y P M

F Y P M LawnSite Member

Anybody use the gridiron products(trimmer and blower racks)?

2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

Yes i do. They are great, but pricey. I would defiantly recommend them. Any ?'s just ask.

3. F Y P M

F Y P M LawnSite Member

I was wondering didi you go through a dealer or online store? They seem like they would last lifetime. I have trimmer trap brand on my open trailer but want to put something else in the enclosed.

4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been in this business almost 20 years and I consider my purchase of the GridIron Trimmer racks to be the best money I've ever spent. I've had the same set installed on 4 different trailers. Trailers may come and go or wear out but those Gridirons will last forever.
    They still look like new.

5. Quality Cuts PLS

Quality Cuts PLS LawnSite Member

Do a search for Gridiron or my name, I had info on them in some older threads. I have been using them for about ten years, I have setup about seven trailers with them.

6. F Y P M

F Y P M LawnSite Member

Another question is can you hang the posts horizontally for the blower racks?

7. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

I went thru dealer. In regards to being able to mount them horizontaly, you wont be able to.

8. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I have the blower attachment and never used it sell for $40 shipped It doesnt fit the BR600 Stihl

9. F Y P M

F Y P M LawnSite Member

So with the blower attachment you have to mount them vertically 1 on top of the other. Or is it more beneficial to get the 1.5' posts and mount them in different locations.

10. Quality Cuts PLS

Quality Cuts PLS LawnSite Member

It is a modular system with slots in the extruded post, it is able to be installed in lots of configurations with a little imagination.