Grillo ZTRs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BigJim, Apr 28, 2002.

1. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone out there using the Italian Grillo ride ons?The dealer gave me a glowing report on them.I was wondering if anyone else was using them,how do they compare to the similar looking yellow ones made in the USA?.

2. perfection lawn care

perfection lawn care LawnSite Member

Never even heard of it, what kind of price tag is on it. Looks like a walker copycat only green.
  3. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think they export them to the US. Price wise here they are
    a bit dearer than a Walker. The petrol model has a 20hp Briggs
    motor in it. The diesel is a Kubota. They are apparently a nightmare to work on. Looks like a dodgy knock off of a Walker.
    Only one contractor in Brisbane has one,whereas there are hundreds of Walkers. Dealers always give glowing reports.
    Give it a miss mate.
  4. Are they made by Fiat?
  5. rwleigh

rwleigh Banned

GRILLO was at the expo last year. I did'nt price any because I could not understand there language.

Also there is another unit just like it made by FERRARI.

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

It's actually GILONDO FERRARI.

It is a bigger machine than the grillo unit.
  7. mowingmachine

mowingmachine LawnSite Senior Member

The original is almost always better than the copy. I wouldn't buy it just because I wouldn't want to support a company with their buisness practices. I would rather support the company that had the original design.

8. rwleigh

rwleigh Banned

Just currious but what do you mean buisness practices?
  9. mowingmachine

mowingmachine LawnSite Senior Member

It's obvious that the Grillo is a direct copy of the Walker mower. It cost Walker alot of time and money to develop the product they have now. Any company that is going to run their business like Grillo doesn't deserve to be in business. There are several other companies in the lawn and garden industry that are good at direct copies as well. Doesn't make since to support the wanna-be company when you can have the real thing.

10. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

that makes no sense!

where would we be if someone didn't try to perfect anothers product or service for that matter.

cars, trucks, planes, trains, tractors......even mowers

i wouldn't say it's copycat or stealing is perfecting or adding to an idea.

it's what makes the original designer think to better it for the end users.